Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pharyngitis


Several days after Chirstmas I started feeling unwell and eventually went to Dr Rose, by which time I was aching all over and my Panadol supplies were running low. Rose said she didn’t think that I had malaria, though she would do the test if it would make me feel better, but I definitely had pharyingitis and I should take the antibiotics I had brought with me, take some Panadol, go back to bed and not feel guilty that I wasn’t at the hospital. I borrowed a couple of good novels from her and took her advice for the next 6 days. I can’t remember ever feeling so awful in my life as I did for the first 3 days.  I went back to the hospital after the 6 days but spent the rest of the week talking in a whisper as I had lost my voice. I was certainly glad that I had packed, what I thought to be, excessive amounts of painkillers. They all came in useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment